Essentially the most scrumptious do-it-yourself Greek Salad Dressing made with easy pantry components that tastes good over salads, veggies, used as a marinade, pasta salads and extra!
I like making do-it-yourself dressings and this Greek salad dressing is really one which by no means fails me! Easy to throw collectively and made with components in all probability already sitting in your pantry, it’s the proper dressing to throw on salads, drizzle over veggies or you possibly can even use it to marinate rooster, fish or shrimp! No have to buy store-bought salad dressing when it’s actually this straightforward to make your individual.
Greek salads are certainly one of my favorites to make through the week so having this dressing readily available in my fridge is all the time a should. Greek salad dressings are usually made utilizing a mix of olive oil, purple wine vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard and oregano, however I additionally added in some recent lemon juice and basil to essentially brighten up these flavors.
Substances You’ll Want
This straightforward Greek salad dressing requires just some easy components that you just in all probability have already got at house in your pantry or fridge! Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Olive oil – I like to make use of a very good olive oil that doesn’t need to be costly, simply be certain that it’s cold-pressed and natural for essentially the most taste (in my view)
- Purple wine vinegar – this provides a pleasant tangy taste that goes good with the olive oil and lemon juice
- Lemon – I simply love the intense, recent taste lemon juice brings to this dressing. Be happy so as to add a bit of little bit of the zest too for much more lemon taste!
- Dijon mustard – this provides a bit of zip and helps to emulsify the dressing
- Garlic – I like to make use of recent garlic in my salad dressings, however a 1/4 teaspoon of dried minced garlic or garlic powder will work if that’s all you’ve got readily available
- Seasonings – a mix of dried oregano, dried basil, salt and pepper
How you can Make Greek Salad Dressing
Making do-it-yourself dressings and vinaigrettes are actually SO dang straightforward and takes lower than 5 minutes! Merely whisk collectively (or shake!) all of the components in a bowl or jar…and that’s it! Then simply retailer the dressing in a sealed hermetic container within the fridge till you’re prepared to make use of. This dressing will last as long as 5 days within the fridge, however positively tastes greatest as recent as attainable. I additionally prefer to make my dressing a number of hours forward of time earlier than serving in order that these flavors can actually marinate!
I personally prefer to retailer my dressings in mason jars as a result of they’ve a pleasant tight seal, they’re straightforward to take on-the-go, and you’ll simply add all of your components and provides the jar a very good shake!
Methods to Use This Dressing
- Dressing for salads or wraps
- Drizzle over tomatoes, cucumbers and different veggies
- Marinate rooster, shrimp or fish
- Brush over these Greek chicken kabobs
- Add it to quinoa or different grain bowls
- Toss with chickpeas
Extra Dressings You’ll Love
Hope you all take pleasure in my favourite Greek Salad Dressing and when you love this recipe as a lot as we do, please go away me a five-star ranking beneath and don’t neglect to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I like seeing all of your scrumptious recreations!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Complete Time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp purple wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp recent lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl or jar, whisk collectively all components till easy and creamy. Serve instantly or retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge till able to serve.
*This dressing will final within the fridge for as much as 5 days in a sealed hermetic container.
- Serving Measurement: 2 Tbsp
- Energy: 132
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 231 mg
- Fats: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
* Please be aware that every one diet info are simply estimates. Values will differ amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.